Travis is a highly skilled commercial lawyer with a particular focus on transactions, shareholders’ agreements, corporate governance and providing commercial advice. He primarily acts for private companies such as start-ups and small-to-medium-sized enterprises, as well as high-net-worth individuals, and has extensive experience spanning various industry sectors, including food and beverage, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transport and logistics, real estate and technology.
With a strong focus on practicality and accessibility, Travis goes above and beyond to provide clients with advice that is not only effective but also easy to understand and implement. By combining his expertise with a client-centric approach, Travis consistently delivers superior outcomes for his clients.
Travis’ experience includes:
- Acting for the founder of a property services company in the disposition of shares to various shareholders.
- Representing the purchaser in a transaction involving the acquisition of shares in an online auction company from a large Australian bank.
- Acting for the majority shareholder in the sale of shares in an equipment procurement and financing company.
- Acting for the seller of an Australian cosmetics company in a ‘scrip for scrip’ transaction with the purchaser.
- Providing advice on crowd sourced funding for a start-up soft drink company.
- Acting for the purchaser in the acquisition of 50% of a property marketing agency.
- Acting for the grantors of share and unit options in relation to a signage business.
- Advising the Australian subsidiary of a listed utility software company on a group restructure.
- Advising a real estate capital consultant on investment structure and terms of engagement.
- Implementing an intra-group debt-equity restructure for a global producer of colourants.
- Acting for the seller in sale of a computer company and reinvestment in the purchaser.
- Acting for the seller in the sale of 49% of the shares in a commercial logistics provider.
- Acting for the buyer in the purchase of a national pharmacy group.
- Acting for the buyer in the purchase of 60% of Australia’s leading producers of glasshouse-grown fruit and vegetables.
- Providing advice to a large US not-for-profit about the establishment of an Australian subsidiary.
- Providing advice to the founder of a virtual reality broadcasting platform to structure the company to accommodate internal stakeholders and investors
- Providing an international issuer of gift cards with advice on compliance with the unfair contract terms regime under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Providing general contracting advice to an Australian subsidiary of a large international pharmaceutical company.