Angela has knowledge and practical experience in a broad range of property law areas including commercial and retail leasing, property developments, sales and acquisitions, and advising clients on property related matters.
She has acted for a range of clients, including listed and unlisted property funds and corporations, national retailers and developers, shopping centre owners, State Government departments, statutory corporations and private investors.
- Advising the purchaser in the acquisition of an $85 million office building on Lang Parade, Milton, Queensland.
- Acting for the developer/landlord in the acquisition, development and retail leasing of numerous shopping centres located across Cranbourne, Point Cook, Roxburgh Park and Bacchus Marsh, Victoria.
- Advising the vendor, CoInvest, in the sale of three shopping centres in Scoresby, Thomastown and Bundoora, Victoria.
- Acting for a major property funds manager in relation to property acquisition and due diligence, including all the leasing transactions within this client’s portfolio.
- Acting for Australia Post Corporation on its national leasing portfolio.
- Working on the State Government’s leasing portfolio including the Department of Justice, Court Services Victoria, Victoria Police and the Department of Housing.
- Acting for Woolworths during a range of matters including the acquisition, sale and leaseback of various commercial sites, including drafting leases for the client as the anchor tenant, and drafting agreements for lease, retail leases for the retail tenancies where the client was the developer/landlord. Advising in the sale of the completed development, including pre-sale due diligence.
- Acting for an unlisted public company in a multi-million dollar sale and leaseback transaction including preparing the Contract of Sale and leaseback.
- Acting for tenants in leasing commercial sites and specialty shops, including assisting in the negotiations, preparation of Heads of Agreement, negotiating amendments to landlord’s documents and preparing various forms of ancillary deeds.
- Undertaking review and preparation of lease documentation for a publically listed company’s 62 stores in Victoria and Tasmania to facilitate the sale of the business. Advising regarding duty and jurisdictional issues.