Michael Gough is a Partner in our Commercial group with substantial experience in commercial and property transactions and advisory work.
In addition, Michael has significant expertise in hotel acquisition, development and management agreements, transport infrastructure projects, structuring of significant property transactions and advising on property related taxation issues, property financing, planning and land use advice, and regulatory consents and approvals (including FIRB approvals).
Michael has acted for a range of clients, including listed and unlisted property funds and corporations, national retailers and developers, shopping centre owners, hotel owners, residential apartment developers, State Government departments and statutory corporations, banks and private investors.
Michael’s clients appreciate his combination of strong negotiating skills, strategic and commercially-focused advice and team management skills, which allow him to deliver on their “end game” objectives.
Michael is also a member of the Australia Malaysia Business Council of Victoria.
- Restructure and refinance of the Australian assets of a Dubai-based international hotel company in conjunction with its UK listing.
- Purchase of a multi-level tenanted commercial office tower in North Sydney CBD for a Sydney based investment and development company.
- Joint venture development and sale of a 60 level residential apartment building in Southbank Melbourne.
- The acquisition/development of Ibis hotels in Springvale Melbourne, Melbourne Airport and the Brisbane CBD for a Dubai based hotel owner.
- Advising a Melbourne based private equity fund on all hotel management agreements with a Hong Kong based international management company.
- Joint venture and related transaction agreements for a Malaysian investor with a Melbourne based property developer to acquire and develop a high rise Melbourne CBD mixed use (residential/hotel) property.