Our culture and values
Rigby Cooke Lawyers rely solely on the quality of our people. The firm is our people; their expertise, talent and behaviours.
We work hard to ensure we recruit and retain those people who embody the Rigby Cooke values. Our culture is evolving, but together we have defined what matters to us as we work, and what we need from each other to get the best from our working life and the best from each other.
Passion: We are committed to the success of our clients through excellence
Accountability: We listen, communicate clearly, take responsibility and act with integrity
Respect: We demonstrate genuine understanding and dignity in all relationships
Team: We are united and empowered to bring out the best in our clients and each other
Our environment reflects how we work and interact with each other; with a custom, award-nominated fit-out across two levels in the Melbourne Central Tower. Teams have the right mix of light-filled offices and open plan spaces to ensure that collaboration is continuous and partner access is easy.
The Melbourne Central Tower has great facilities which extend to the staff, including:
- first-class concierge service
- Refresh@Melbourne Central; male and female change rooms, 29 showers, 580 large lockers, 400 bike racks, a complimentary fresh towel service, ironing stations and drying cupboards
- convenient access to Melbourne Central train station, trams, buses and car parking
- all of the retail, services, food and dining conveniences of Melbourne Central including childcare, medical centre and gym
- 4.5 star NABERS Energy Rating building
Rigby Cooke offers a range of benefits to staff well in excess of standard employee benefits programs. These benefits have not been driven by what other firms do, but evolved over time, driven by what the firm and often our staff have suggested would be of value and appealing. We are proud that our staff benefits are well received by our staff, because we think our people deserve it.
- adaptable, flexible work arrangements
- salary continuance insurance for all staff paid by the firm
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- health and wellbeing program (including free flu shots)
- training and professional development program
- study assistance policy
- incentive scheme bonus payments for client introductions to the firm – no matter what your role in the firm.
- an employee assistance program
- a comprehensive community giving program
Less formal, but no less important to making Rigby Cooke a great place to work, we also provide:
- fresh fruit daily in our kitchens
- celebrations of personal milestones – every month
- weekly Friday night drinks at the office
- an active social club that organises a range of activities, many of them designed to include families of staff
- monthly firm-wide morning tea
What our staff say about working at Rigby Cooke: