Our current vacancies are listed below. If the right opportunity isn’t available now, we invite you to contact our recruitment team to be considered for future opportunities at Rigby Cooke Lawyers.
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our Marketing & Business Development team. To view the full position description and to apply, click here.
Associate or Senior Associate — Corporate & Commercial
For queries regarding any of the current vacancies or to submit your resume, please contact:
Head of People & Culture
Our graduate program
At Rigby Cooke Lawyers, our graduate program is designed to provide more than just an inside look into the workings of a law firm. We offer a genuine, hands-on experience and support from the very beginning – giving our graduates a head start to their legal career.
Applications for our graduate program opens Thursday 8 August 2024.
To learn more about our graduate program, including eligibility, key dates and how to apply, click here.
Our culture and values
Rigby Cooke Lawyers rely solely on the quality of our people. The firm is our people; their expertise, talent and behaviours.
We work hard to ensure we recruit and retain those people who embody the values of Rigby Cooke Lawyers. Our culture is evolving, but together we have defined what matters to us as we work, and what we need from each other to get the best from our working life and the best from each other.
Passion: We are committed to the success of our clients through excellence
Accountability: We listen, communicate clearly, take responsibility and act with integrity
Respect: We demonstrate genuine understanding and dignity in all relationships
Team: We are united and empowered to bring out the best in our clients and each other
Rigby Cooke Lawyers offers a range of benefits to staff well in excess of standard employee benefits programs. These benefits have not been driven by what other firms do, but evolved over time, driven by what the firm and often our staff have suggested would be of value and appealing. We are proud that our staff benefits are well received by our staff, because we think our people deserve it.
We offer the following professional and financial benefits:
- adaptable, flexible work arrangements
- salary continuance insurance for all staff paid by the firm
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- training and professional development program
- membership to professional and industry associations
- study assistance
- incentive scheme bonus payments for client introductions to the firm – no matter what your role in the firm
- discounted fees on personal wills and estate planning, and residential conveyancing
- health and wellbeing program (including free flu shots)
- an employee assistance program
- retail and gym membership discounts
- a comprehensive community giving program
Less formal, but no less important to making Rigby Cooke Lawyers a great place to work, we also provide:
- social events and functions throughout the year
- monthly firm-wide morning teas to celebrate our successes and personal milestones
Our environment reflects how we work and interact with each other; with a custom, award-nominated fit-out across two levels in the Melbourne Central Tower. Teams have the right mix of light-filled offices and open plan spaces to ensure that collaboration is continuous and partner access is easy.
The Melbourne Central Tower has great facilities which extend to the staff, including:
- first-class concierge service
- Refresh@Melbourne Central; male and female change rooms, 29 showers, 580 large lockers, 400 bike racks, a complimentary fresh towel service, ironing stations and drying cupboards
- convenient access to Melbourne Central train station, trams, buses and car parking
- all of the retail, services, food and dining conveniences of Melbourne Central including childcare, medical centre and gym
- 4.5 star NABERS Energy Rating building