Bill Karvela is the practice group leader of our Corporate & Commercial group. He specialises in providing commercially-focussed advice to publicly listed companies, listed and unlisted industry funds, major property developers and private organisations.
Bill is experienced in working with Australian and International organisations on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, joint venture agreements and asset liquidation.
Bill is also recognised for his extensive property industry expertise, where his clients, including industry trusts and major developers, benefit from his commercial understanding and approach to all aspects of property transactions.
Bill is currently a non-executive director of the Intralot Group and AHI Carrier (Australia) Pty Ltd.
- Acting for a major USA listed corporation in the sale of its substantial business and freehold interests in Australia.
- Acting for an Australian subsidiary of major USA listed corporation in relation to the provision of cash transit services to three major Australian Trading Banks.
- Acting as lead adviser to the establishment of an entity, which is a significant installer and supplier of electronic gaming machines, in Victoria (since August 2012), and
- Providing ongoing advice including the negotiation and finalisation of agreements with a substantial number of venue operators across Victoria for the provision of gaming machines.
- Acting for a significant manufacturing company in a $16 million convertible note issue.
- Acting generally for a leading Australian subsidiary of a UK private company in relation to the distribution of its medical equipment and therapeutic goods throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Acting for the administrator of an Australian domestic airline in respect of the sale of the airline and its assets.
- Acting for a leading Australian property trust in relation to the establishment of a joint venture for the ownership and construction of a significant commercial and retail building in Collins Street, Melbourne.
- Providing regular advice on all property related matters including large scale acquisitions, joint structuring issues and leasing for a major Australian property trust.
- Acting for a significant superannuation fund in respect of property acquisitions across Australia and various joint venture arrangements.
- Acting for a leading professional services provider in respect to a proposed takeover of its company.
- Acting for an iconic Victorian retailer in relation to a test case for unconscionable conduct under the Retail Leases Act 2003.
- Acting for the purchaser of the Southgate office and retail complex including undertaking an extensive due diligence exercise.