Julia Cameron is a Partner in Rigby Cooke’s Corporate & Commercial group with over 10 years of legal experience. Julia specialises in corporate and commercial advice, commercial agreements, transactions, intellectual property and information technology.
Julia advises a diverse local and international client base, and has previously undertaken in-house secondments for corporate clients in both project-specific and general commercial roles.
Julia’s combines her legal and commercial acumen with her desire to understand all aspects of her clients’ business in order to successfully achieve their commercial objectives.
- Acting in a $60 million Australian and international share and business sale transaction for a client in the security industry, managing a significant dataroom of documentation, preparing due diligence reports, negotiation of transaction documents and attending to all completion matters.
- Acting for an international client in its appointment as agent for the store closing and stock liquidations of Borders, Readers Feast, Fletcher Jones, Sleep City, WOW Electronics, Dick Smith, Australian Music Group and Mothercare inventory with stock values up to $70 million; drafting and negotiating all transaction, security and ancillary documentation.
- Providing commercial, intellectual property and privacy law advice to a major gaming supplier in Victoria including drafting and negotiating a range of documentation (venue operator agreements, agency agreements, license agreements, distribution & supply agreements) and advising on compliance with the Gambling Regulation Act 2003.
- Providing general commercial advice to an Australian subsidiary of a listed USA entity in relation to its cash in transit contractual requirements, including as part of a secondment.
- Acting for an online healthcare company on a full range of commercial, contractual, IP, privacy and e-commerce issues, from advising on corporate structure and unitholder issues, privacy compliance, preparing online agreements and intellectual property licensing between the group’s corporate entities.
- Advising an Australian start up on trade mark registration (and engaging foreign agents for overseas trade mark registration) and managing a significant Australian and international trade mark portfolio, including prosecuting trade mark applications and acting in trade mark opposition matters.
- Acting for a medical software developer with Australian and Asian market presence, including preparation and negotiation of a range of commercial and IT agreements, including software and hardware licensing agreements, system integration agreements and end user license agreements.
- Secondment at Australia’s largest industrial/domestic air conditioning and HVAC distributor, reviewing, drafting and managing supply and service contracts, providing general legal advice and support to the company’s Australian operations and instructing and managing external legal service providers.
- Acting for an international client in the establishment of a retail distribution network for prepaid gift card products in Australia and New Zealand, including drafting and negotiating distribution and supply agreements with product providers and retailers.
- Secondment with a Melbourne-based construction company specialising in large residential projects. Managing and implementing all aspects of its contract novation requirements following a corporate restructure, including preparing and negotiating novation and ancillary documentation with banks, principal contractors and subcontractors.
- Acting for a large foreign-owned distributor of medical devices, equipment and software in Australia and New Zealand, including drafting and negotiating distribution, supply and agency agreements.