Julia Cameron is a Partner in Rigby Cooke Lawyers’ Corporate & Commercial and Intellectual Property groups.
Julia specialises in corporate and commercial advice, commercial agreements, corporate transactions, intellectual property and information technology agreements.
Julia leads the firm’s Manufacturing industry group and regularly advises manufacturers in a range of commercial and intellectual property matters.
Julia also advises on compliance with the Australian Consumer Law and the Advertising Code made under the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989.
Julia works with a diverse local and international client base and has undertaken in-house secondments for corporate clients in both project-specific and general commercial roles.
Corporate & Commercial
- Acting for a leading Australian-listed manufacturer of skincare/cosmetics in a range of commercial and intellectual property matters, including contractual disputes, advising on Australian Consumer Law compliance for advertising claims/ marketing material, advising on compliance with the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989, advising on compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 and intellectual property infringement matters.
- Acting for a US-based client in the establishment of a retail distribution network for prepaid gift card products in Australia and New Zealand, including drafting and negotiating distribution and supply agreements with product providers and retailers.
- Advising on coordinating complex product recalls under the Australian Consumer Law, including liaising with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
- Acting for a global corporation and market leader of payments and stored value gift cards in the preparation of commercial contracts, marketing and advertising clearances and a review of all template contracts for compliance with the unfair contract term laws in the Australian Consumer Law.
- Coordinating all PPSA advice to a major gaming operator and supplier in Victoria, including completing registrations in respect of 1000+ gaming machines in gaming venues.
- Advising four high-profile manufacturers of sunscreen in Australia in relation to compliance with the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 and the TGA’s advertising code, including vetting advertising material prior to publication.
- Advising on marketing and advertising clearances, including compliance with the Australian Consumer Law.
- Providing commercial, intellectual property and privacy law advice to a major gaming supplier in Victoria, including drafting and negotiating a range of documentation (venue operator agreements, agency agreements, license agreements, distribution and supply agreements) and advising on compliance with the Gambling Regulation Act 2003.
- Acting for the Victorian gaming machine monitoring licensee, including advising on a range of software agreements and regulatory compliance matters.
- Providing general commercial advice to an Australian subsidiary of a listed USA entity in relation to its cash in transit contractual requirements, including as part of a secondment.
- Acting for an online healthcare company on a full range of commercial, contractual, intellectual property, privacy and e-commerce issues, including advising on corporate structure and unitholder issues, privacy compliance, preparing online agreements and intellectual property licensing between the group’s corporate entities.
- Acting for a specialist cloud technology and software business listed on the ASX and NSX in the provision of privacy advice and large scale software contract review and negotiation.
- Acting for a large foreign-owned distributor of medical devices, equipment and software in Australia and New Zealand, including drafting and negotiating distribution, supply and agency agreements.
- Acting in a $60 million Australian and international share and business sale transaction for a client in the security industry, managing a significant dataroom of documentation, preparing due diligence reports, negotiation of transaction documents and attending to all completion matters.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of a high-profile Toyota car dealership, including preparation and negotiation of all transaction documents.
- Acting for a US headquartered asset disposition and monetisation specialist in relation to its appointment as agent for the store closing and stock liquidations of Borders, Readers Feast, Fletcher Jones, Sleep City, WOW Electronics, Dick Smith, Australian Music Group and Mothercare inventory with stock values up to $70 million; drafting and negotiating all transaction, security and ancillary documentation.
- Acting for an established Victorian manufacturer of door products in the implementation of a complex merger transaction with an established door manufacturer in NSW.
- Acting for a national industrial and commercial asset valuation and disposal company that specialises in online auctions and negotiated sales in Australia and South East Asia in the preparation of all template contracts (buyer terms, asset sale agreements, consignment agreements, privacy policies) including acting in asset purchase transactions up to $20 million.
- Advising an Australian start-up on trade mark registration (and engaging foreign agents for overseas trade mark registration) and managing a significant Australian and international trade mark portfolio, including prosecuting trade mark applications and acting in trade mark opposition matters.
- Advising a NYSE-listed manufacturer in relation the preparation and enforcement of Notices of Objection to protect its global trade mark portfolio and more generally in relation to parallel imports.
- Advising an importer of power tools in defending the seizure of goods at the border under the Notice of Objection scheme, including successfully negotiating the release of the goods.
- Acting for a major Melbourne-based labour hire company in a range of commercial and intellectual property matters, including advising on a corporate reorganisation, preparation of all standard form terms and conditions and intellectual property audit and trade mark registrations.
- Acting for a medical software developer with Australian and Asian market presence, including preparation and negotiation of a range of commercial and IT agreements, including software and hardware licensing agreements, system integration agreements and end-user license agreements.
- Secondment at Australia’s largest industrial/domestic air conditioning and HVAC distributor, reviewing, drafting and managing supply and service contracts, providing general legal advice and support to the company’s Australian operations and instructing and managing external legal service providers.
- Secondment with a Melbourne-based construction company specialising in large residential projects. Managing and implementing all aspects of its contract novation requirements following a corporate restructure, including preparing and negotiating novation and ancillary documentation with banks, principal contractors and subcontractors.