Ian Rosenfeld is a Partner in our Corporate & Commercial group, specialising in intellectual property, in particular trademarks, copyright and confidential information, and in commercial and contractual matters.
With over 35 years of experience at Rigby Cooke Lawyers, Ian’s expertise also covers intellectual property, branding, information technology, e-commerce, commercial agreements, commercial disputes & negotiation, mergers & acquisitions, transport & logistics agreements, publishing, tenders and contracting.
Ian co-authored The Australian Marketing Institute Marketing Reference and Compliance Manual and the AICD Company Director Manual, and is the current co-author of Thomson Reuters Model Contracts and Letter Kit.
Exclusive Australian Contributor and author of the Australian chapter of the Mondaq Australian Trade Mark Comparative Guide.
He is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand and has been a board member of the Monash Oncology Research Institute since its inception in 1994 and is currently chairman of the Institute.
- Development, management, protection and exploitation of intellectual property, including all aspects of branding, trademarks, copyright and confidential information such as registration, protection, licensing and exploitation, acquisition and disposal.
- Rewards programs, including the establishment of the ‘Show Your Card & Save’ discount rewards program, available to over 6 million members of the Australian automobile clubs.
- Sale of significant Australian businesses to multinationals and listed entities.
- Brand investigation, trademark protection for companies including Simonds Homes, VECCI, Vision Super, NTAA, Atlantic Group, Carpets Inter, Aspire Learning and Hassell.
- Information technology including hardware and/or software development, maintenance, licensing, distribution and consultancy agreements; and e-Commerce including content licensing, website development, website hosting, linking, co-branding and advertising agreements.
- Privacy and data protection.
- Acting for publishers and authors.
- Advising on major tenders, commercial contracts and transport and logistics contracts.