Ian Rosenfeld is a Partner in our Corporate & Commercial group, specialising in intellectual property, in particular trademarks, copyright and confidential information, and in commercial and contractual matters.
With over 40 years of experience at Rigby Cooke Lawyers, Ian’s expertise also covers intellectual property, branding, information technology, e-commerce, commercial agreements, commercial disputes and negotiation, mergers and acquisitions, transport and logistics agreements, publishing, tenders and contracting.
Ian co-authored The Australian Marketing Institute Marketing Reference and Compliance Manual and the AICD Company Director Manual, and is the current co-author of Thomson Reuters Model Contracts and Letter Kit. He was also the exclusive Australian Contributor and author of the Australian chapter of the Mondaq Australian Trade Mark Comparative Guide.
Ian is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand. He has been a board member of the Monash Oncology Research Institute since its inception in 1994 and is currently chairman of the Institute.
- Development, management, protection and exploitation of intellectual property, including all aspects of branding, trademarks, copyright and confidential information such as registration, protection, licensing and exploitation, acquisition and disposal.
- Rewards programs, including the establishment of the ‘Show Your Card & Save’ discount rewards program, available to over 6 million members of the Australian automobile clubs.
- Sale of significant Australian businesses and companies to multinationals and listed entities.
- Brand investigation, trademark protection and trademark portfolio management for companies including Simonds Homes, VCCI, VACC, Vision Super, NTAA, Ouson, Atlantic Group, Carpets Inter, Chemistry Australia, Brotherhood of St Laurence, K2LD, Aspire Learning and Hassell.
- Information technology including hardware and/or software development, maintenance, licensing, distribution and consultancy agreements; and e-Commerce including content licensing, website development, website hosting, linking, co-branding and advertising agreements.
- Acting for publishers and authors.
- Privacy and data protection.
- Advising on major tenders, commercial contracts and transport and logistics contracts.