With more than 20 years of experience, Rhodie specialises in planning and environmental law issues for predominantly developer clients.
Her expertise also covers approvals for retail, high-density residential, commercial, aged care, alpine and industrial developments, due diligence and restrictive covenants.
Rhodie assists clients with projects from concept stage through to construction. She has extensive experience in providing commercially appropriate and strategic advice on planning, environment and land use regulatory issues.
- Acting for the developer of 700 hectares of land at Mt Atkinson in the preparation of a PSP for residential, industrial and retail uses including advising on the implications of an adjourning quarry and landfill operation.
- Acting for LK Developments to obtain a Planning Permit for a $500 million, 49 storey mixed use development at South Yarra.
- Acting for Lend Lease at VCAT and in the Supreme Court in relation to a very controversial $500 million, 448 apartment and 18 townhouse development at ‘Toorak Park’ at Orrong Road, Armadale.
- Acting for a developer of service stations, obtain planning approval and advising on environmental issues.
- Numerous VCAT, Planning Panel and Supreme Court hearings for a large variety of proposals.
- Shopping centre development and expansions.
- Alpine planning and environment issues for the Grollo Group including Kooroora Redevelopment and Fawlty Towers Redevelopment.
- Due diligence on major acquisitions and advising on key planning, environment and land use risk issues.
- Variation and removal of restrictive covenants.