Mergers & Acquisitions
Exploring investment, restructure and exit opportunities requires business acumen and solid, commercially focused legal advice and assistance.
You have identified an opportunity; now you need to explore its viability, and if all goes to plan, seize it. You also want to ensure the transaction process runs seamlessly and that the outcomes you seek are achieved.
We can help you explore the viability of an opportunity, and once you have decided to proceed we can assist with making the transaction as smooth as possible.
Our substantial ‘full market’ corporate transactional guidance and management practice has the knowledge and industry expertise to provide legal assistance and advice throughout all stages of the transaction process.
We serve as counsel to a broad array of domestic and international corporations, privately held and venture backed companies, partnerships, private equity firms and other entrepreneurs.
At all times, our focus is delivering your commercial outcome as quickly and effectively as possible.
We can help you with:
- strategies, negotiations and transaction documents for acquisitions, sales, restructures, demergers and takeovers
- due diligence and managing data rooms
- corporate structuring
- confidentiality agreements
- Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) applications and Foreign Acquisition and Takeovers Act advice
- scrip-for-scrip exchanges, including domestic or overseas
- shareholder agreements
- schemes of arrangement
- disclosure documentation
- financing, including capital raisings and debt financing
- formation of consolidated groups
- stock exchange listings advice
- tax rollovers and concessions
- commercial agreements and documents
- corporate governance
- transitioning of existing workforce
Relationships are the lifeblood of our business and we very much appreciate you connecting us with your high profile clients. The partnership approach you take with us is hugely appreciated.
Without the support, guidance and assistance of the Rigby Cooke team, I have no doubt our business would be a significantly different operation. Thank you for your unwavering support and friendship.
Hamish de Crespigny, executive director of Vantage Property Investments
Working with Rigby Cooke has been fantastic. Some lawyers just listen to the facts and then tell us what to do, but Rigby Cooke looks at what we are trying to achieve and then works through a number of scenarios so we can decide. It is very practical and keeps us involved.
Darren Sandford, state manager of a national construction company
I would recommend Rigby Cooke to anyone requiring commercial law expertise. The advice and communication were always timely and succinct, whilst the service was always delivered professionally, yet in a friendly manner.
Giulian Di Maggio, director of Zoneform