Tim Kelly is a Partner in our Property group and practices extensively in land acquisition, sales, property development, leasing, advising on agreements, joint ventures and partnerships.
Tim has over 35 years of experience in the sale and purchase of businesses, trusts and company structures, as well as estate and trusts law.
His clients are drawn from a range of industries including property, development, retail, hospitality and government. They include landlords, tenants, real estate agencies, property developers, private and public companies, government and associations.
Tim has been a trusted adviser to industry associations and their members for many years, in relation to property and business advice, sales, purchases and leases. He also maintains a substantial private client practice.
His expertise in trusts and estates ranges from drawing and advising on wills and trusts, designing wealth-preserving estate plans and advising on asset protection. He has acted as executor for many clients and has comprehensive knowledge in this area.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of real estate purchases and sales including assistance in negotiation of terms, building inspection issues, review and negotiation of contracts, planning and land use issues, preparation of purchase/sale documents and adverse possession claims.
- Advising small business operators on purchases, sales, financing documentation and commercial decisions.
- Extensive experience in representing various stakeholders in the pharmaceutical industry including advising on contracts, trusts, pharmacy group documentation, leases, financing arrangements and securities.
- Lease advice and documentation for landlords and tenants.
- Leases for major shopping centres, including preparation of pro forma leases.
- Advising associations and handling their business and project enquiries.
- Advising clients in the estate planning process, acting for executors, and acting as executor for deceased estates.
- Liaising with the Federal and State Governments, both as a client and on behalf of clients.
- Experience advising and representing caravan park owners and operators.
- Bachelor of Laws Monash University
- Bachelor of Economics Monash University
- Accredited Property Law Specialist Law Institute of Victoria
- Law Institute of Victoria – Property Law and Commercial Law Sections