Rigby Cooke can advise and act on your behalf for all legal, regulatory and compliance issues relating to transport and logistics operations. We understand the impact of the National Heavy Vehicle Law and the myriad of rules and regulations that flow from it and can assist you navigate your way through this maze.
Transport, freight and logistics companies are literally the engines of the economy in our large, geographically dispersed country.
Increasing regulation of the transport sector combined with one of the most complex employment relations structures in the world, onerous Chain of Responsibility obligations, and the effects of modern day globalisation, means operators in this sector need more than commercial nous to stay ahead of the market.
Rigby Cooke has developed its expertise by working where the rubber hits the road in the business of transport and logistics. Our clients range from public companies to privately owned large national and international companies, to family businesses which have grown from modest beginnings.
Rigby Cooke maintains strong connections with leading industry associations who support the sector our clients work in - such as the Victorian Transport Association, and the Supply Chain and Logistics Association of Australia.
Areas of expertise include:
- Chain of Responsibility issues including compliance, education, defending prosecutions, negotiations and mediations
- Commercial contracts such as national linehaul services and commercial cartage agreements including terms of trade and exclusions,
- Implications of the Personal Property Securities Act
- Pallet recovery
- Employment issues including Enterprise Bargaining Agreements, contractor and sub-contractor arrangements, restraint of trade, workplace health and safety, employee policy, procedures and compliance
- Advice and issues related to Safe Rates Laws
- Business operational issues such as leasing arrangements, mergers and acquisitions, taxation and succession planning, insurances and intellectual property
- Carbon tax and fuel levies
- Dispute resolution and litigation.
We can help with