An Associate in our Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Construction & Projects teams, James Anglicas’ practice includes advising on a wide range of commercial disputes and litigation, with a particular focus on contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, competition law, professional negligence claims, as well as construction-related disputes.
An experienced litigator, James has appeared in contested matters before the Full Federal Court of Australia, the Victorian Supreme Court (both the trial and appeal divisions), as well as other inferior courts.
James provides clients with in-depth advice and guides them through the dispute resolution process to achieve successful commercial outcomes.
James’ experience includes:
- Defending a multi-million dollar claim for unconscionable conduct claims under the Australian Consumer Law brought in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Advising on a ~$10 million supply and distribution dispute involving expired fixed term contracts.
- Acting for both the builder and principle/owner in multimillion-dollar construction disputes.
- Successfully defending proceedings brought in the Supreme Court of Victoria following a contested property dispute (damages claimed were $10.2 million).
- Defending claims of misleading or deceptive conduct involving the purchase of an aeroplane with damages estimated to be in the millions.
- Resolving a shareholder dispute involving a family operated logistics company. The matter proceeded to the Supreme Court of Victoria and was ultimately settled.
- Settling a multimillion-dollar supply and manufacturing dispute during a prelitigation mediation.