Damian Tkalec is a Senior Consultant in our Construction & Projects group, focussing on advising, negotiating, and drafting contracts for property development, construction and infrastructure clients.
Damian is a highly skilled lawyer with a broad and diverse legal capability, which includes general commercial, property, infrastructure and services, financing, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance. He brings to his construction and property practice an extensive and unique understanding of the client’s business needs and challenges.
Prior to joining Rigby Cooke Lawyers, Damian held various leadership, operational management, and advisory roles for more than a decade at Melbourne Airport and its parent group, including General Counsel and Company Secretary, Head of Risk Management, Marketing, and Business Management. He also has the benefit of extensive high-level business development dealings in China with government and corporate partners.
- Legal advisory, risk management and contractual documentation in relation to the construction and works programme for the development and expansion of Melbourne Airport’s terminals, airfield, and carparks (circa $150 million annual programme investment), as well as IT infrastructure, baggage handling and security and service contracts and procurements.
- Advising on joint venture, construction and leasing agreements in relation to the development of the Melbourne Airport hotels and commercial business park.
- Advice in relation to the $350 million Beacon Cove Port Melbourne redevelopment, involving the development agreement with the Victorian Office of Major Projects, the construction and subcontractor agreements, and various property related aspects of the development.
- Advising, negotiating, and documenting the Quay West Hotel and serviced apartment development at Southbank, including the development and construction agreement, hotel lease and serviced apartment lease back arrangements.
- Acting for financiers in relation to the construction of the Republic Tower and other residential and commercial property developments in Melbourne.
- Acting for Yarra Valley Water in relation to their construction, infrastructure, and service contracts.
Includes matters handled at Rigby Cooke Lawyers or prior to joining the firm.