Christian Teese is a Special Counsel with over 10 years of specialised practice experience in Wills, estates, trusts litigation and automotive.
Christian has significant experience acting for administrators and trustees in relation to estate and trust administration issues, as well as for claimants pursuing claims in relation to a diverse range of Wills, Estates & Trusts issues. He has particular experience advising not-for-profit entities.
In addition to his specialised Wills, estates and trusts experience, Christian has acted for large motor vehicle dealership groups, dealer councils, heavy machinery manufacturers and worked with large OEMs across of a broad range of disputes, regulatory and general advisory issues in multiple jurisdictions. He is also a regular presenter to executive decision makers on product recall and product liability issues.
Christian has earned recognition for taking a cost-effective and sensible approach to litigation and has significant experience in disputes concerning legal costs.
Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Acting for high profile not-for-profit organisations in relation to disputed estates and administration issues;
- Acting for trustees of large family trusts in Supreme Court litigation concerning fiduciary duties and unpaid present entitlements;
- Acting for plaintiffs in multiple complex constructive trust and estoppel claims against Estate executors and related companies;
- Acting for plaintiffs, defendants and affected beneficiaries in relation to claims for Family Provision Orders from deceased estates in the Supreme Court of Victoria;
- Acting for applicants for Court approval of settlements affecting minors and persons under disability;
- Acting for applicants for Court approval of arrangements to vary complex trusts;
- Advising independent administrators and beneficiaries in relation to complex will, trust and other drafting construction issues;
- Advising claimants, defendants and affected beneficiaries in relation to testamentary capacity and undue influence claims;
- Acting for a major not-for-profit entity in a complex, multi-million-dollar successful c’y pres application;
- Representing clients in mediations and pre-trial settlement conferences;
- Acting for clients in applications for grants of representation – including complex applications involving overseas assets, disputed applications and urgent applications for interim grants.
- Acting for multiple large motor vehicle dealership groups in relation to motor vehicle product liability litigation;
- Acting for a publicly listed motor vehicle dealership company in relation to product recall and product liability litigation;
- Acting for a multinational heavy equipment manufacturer in a high value product liability dispute;
- Acting for multiple motor vehicle dealers in Supreme Court litigation against a major OEM concerning breach of contract in end of term arrangements;
- Advising the peak industry body representing motor vehicle dealers in relation to regulatory reform and policy, product recall and product liability issues;
Includes matters handled at Rigby Cooke or prior to joining the firm.
For a second consecutive year, Christian has been recognised for his expertise within the areas of wills and estates litigation, disputes and contested matters and was ‘recommended’ in the Doyle’s Wills & Estate Guide Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers – Victoria, 2023. He was first recognised in 2021 as a ‘Rising Star’.