Intellectual property rights are critical assets of any business and part of its value, so they need to be identified, registered and protected.
Rigby Cooke Lawyers has over 35 years of experience working with clients in these areas of law and can help you develop a legal framework to protect your business and its intellectual property assets.
Unfortunately there are many “myths” about intellectual property:
Our lawyers can guide you through developing and commercialising intellectual property, if you think your intellectual property has been infringed, or if someone else claims that you have infringed their intellectual property rights.
We can help with:
- registering and protecting trade marks, including assessing whether a trade mark can be registered or even used
- trade mark opposition proceedings
- certification trade marks
- parallel imports
- branding issues – from logo design, word usage, colour, and more recently, sound and smell – and what can be protected
- dealing with intellectual property infringement or threatened legal proceeding, including misleading and deceptive conduct and passing off issues
- sale and assignment of intellectual property, commercialisation and licensing of intellectual property
- all aspects of copyright, including publishing and licensing arrangements, and protecting content published in different formats, including online
- identifying and protecting confidential business information through employee, supplier, business partner, funding or other commercial agreements, including Non-Disclosure Agreements
- domain name disputes and transactions
- software and IT agreements