David McLaughlin is a Partner in our Workplace Relations group.
With over 30 years of industry expertise across entertainment, insurance, manufacturing and warehousing, David’s practice is focused on assisting employers to work through the many issues that arise when dealing with employees and their representatives.
In particular, David specialises in enterprise bargaining, industrial disputes, unfair dismissals, equal opportunity, employment contracts, restructuring and redundancies, and general protections claims.
David is a practical industrial relations and human resources trainer, always ensuring that he addresses technical information in a simple format. His clients appreciate his desire for them to learn.
- Negotiating and obtaining approval for union and non-union enterprise agreements.
- Making numerous appearances in the Fair Work Commission (and previous tribunals) in unfair dismissals and industrial disputes.
- Developing strategies for resolving WorkCover and OH&S issues.
- Drafting contracts, employment policies, settlement agreements and enforceable restraint provisions.
- Bachelor of Laws University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Commerce University of Melbourne
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Industrial Relations Society of Victoria