Suzie has conducted large-scale litigation across a range of industries and has run numerous complex matters for both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of matters.
Her areas of expertise include contractual and commercial disputes, competition and consumer protection litigation, corporations and financial services litigation, professional negligence claims, retail tenancy disputes, industrial relations actions, contested winding up applications, contested creditor petitions, uncommercial transactions and other voidable transactions, and intellectual property disputes.
- Acting on behalf of a subsidiary seeking relief against oppressive conduct by the parent company.
- Successfully bringing an action against a solicitor for professional negligence.
- Successfully defending a creditor in an application to set aside a statutory demand.
- Successfully defending a landlord against a claim brought by the tenant in relation to breaches of the Retail Leases Act 2003 (Vic).
- Successfully acting on behalf of a franchisee against a major telecommunications company seeking damages for multiple breaches of contract and misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Representing a retired Army General in a civil action launched by the Australian Federal Police under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (Cth).
- Successfully acting on behalf of a lot owner in an action against the managing agent for failing to insure the lot’s fixtures.
- Successfully defending an unfair dismissal application on behalf of a publicly listed company.