Séamus is a Senior Associate in our Litigation & Dispute Resolution group, practising in insolvency law and commercial litigation.
As a professional member of the Australian Restructuring, Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA), Séamus advises insolvency practitioners, company directors and individuals about the legal aspects and consequences of corporate and personal insolvency.
Séamus is an accomplished advocate who frequently appears in the Supreme Court, the Federal Court and other jurisdictions. Since commencing his legal career in 2010, Séamus has successfully resolved many complex commercial disputes for his clients.
- Settled a significant professional negligence claim against the insurer of a bankrupt financial advisor.
- Conducted a large claim by a liquidator against a director of a company for insolvent trading and for misuse of company funds.
- Acted for both liquidators and defendants in complex voidable transaction claims.
- Obtained an order appointing an interim trustee to take control of the assets of a client’s ex-employee who had misappropriated funds from the client pending the outcome of bankruptcy proceedings.
- Acting for mortgagees in recovery proceedings in the Supreme and County Courts.
- Obtained freezing orders to prevent the dissipation of assets in a number of disputes relating to large property development projects.