As a professional member of the Australian Restructuring, Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA), Séamus advises insolvency practitioners, company directors and individuals about the legal aspects and consequences of corporate and personal insolvency.
Séamus is an accomplished advocate who frequently appears in the Supreme Court, the Federal Court and other jurisdictions. Since commencing his legal career in 2010, Séamus has successfully resolved many complex commercial disputes for his clients.
- Defending a large telecommunications company against a significant unfair preference claim made by a liquidator.
- Acting for the creditor of an individual to appoint an interim trustee pending resolution bankruptcy proceedings against the individual.
- Claim by a liquidator against a director of a company for insolvent trading and for misuse of company funds.
- Successfully applying to set aside a sequestration order on behalf of a bankrupt.
- Acting for creditors in an application to have interim trustees appointed to the estate of a prospective bankrupt in order to protect against the dissipation of the debtor’s assets.
- Acting for a manufacturer in a large commercial dispute over a share sale agreement and in relation to goods/services sold by it to the other party.
- Acting for mortgagees in recovery proceedings in the Supreme and County Courts.
- Applying for a freezing order for a property developer against a former business partner to prevent the possible dissipation of the proceeds of a property sale.