Rosa has experience in a wide range of applications for grants of probate and letters of administration. She has acted for clients seeking greater provision from a deceased estate as well as defending such claims on behalf of executor clients.
Previously a secondary school teacher of Italian and Legal Studies, Rosa is fluent in Italian, and many of her Italian-speaking clients benefit from her Italian writing skills and cultural insight.
- Working with the taxation and commercial team in the regular review of the succession issues of family businesses to implement strategies to achieve their lifetime and testamentary objectives.
- Acting for a complex estate involving beneficiaries in multiple jurisdictions and international assets. Advice involving trusts, international trusts, international and domestic taxation issues and an Order 54 applications to the Supreme Court.
- Acting for executors of estates that are impacted by the laws of forfeiture due to the unlawful killing of the testator by a beneficiary.
- Successfully challenging a guardianship order on behalf of parents of a child with a disability where guardianship had previously been granted to an independent third party.
- Successfully applying for Probate of an informal Will which included deletions and insertions of text, irregular execution by testator and witnesses.
- Preparation of applications for grants of Probate and Letters of Administration.
- Preparation of applications for reseals of interstate and foreign grants.
- Assisting executors and administrators in administering and finalising deceased estates.
- VCAT applications and disputes in the Guardianship List.
- Preparation of Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Litigation for and against persons seeking further provision from a deceased estate under Part IV of the Administration and Probate Act.