Katerina is a Senior Associate in our Litigation & Dispute Resolution group. With over 10 years of experience, she has a proven ability to handle complex disputes across a broad range of industries.
Katerina has broad-ranging experience within commercial litigation with a focus on the areas of reconstruction and insolvency, insolvency litigation and bankruptcy. Her large scale litigation experience extends to breach of contract, breach of confidence, estate, property and Australian Consumer Law disputes.
Katerina provides tailored, commercial advice and solutions to her clients, which include multi-national companies, insolvency practitioners, government agencies, directors and creditors.
- Successfully acting on behalf of an international property developer in relation to a Supreme Court proceeding filed against a major Australian financial institution relating to the institution’s issuing of an unauthorised multi-million dollar cheque.
- Acting for a New Zealand-based insurer in relation to liability issues concerning an Australian-based insurance broker accused of negligence.
- Acting and appearing on behalf of a group of companies and related individuals in relation to four court proceedings issued against them by an administrator of a deceased estate relating to claims relating to oppression and the failure to pay monies to the deceased’s estate.
- Successfully acting on behalf of trustees in bankruptcy concerning the realisation of royalties from landfill activities occurring at a property owned by a bankrupt.
- Successfully acting on behalf of a private client against a financial brokerage firm and an AFS licence holder in relation to breaches of contract, common law, equitable duties and statutory duties, resulting in multi-million dollar losses and damage occasioned by reckless and unauthorised securities trading on the client’s account.
- Acting on behalf of a global engineering company, in the High Court of Auckland, in relation to a long-running breach of contract dispute in excess of $13 million instituted by a global steel industry entity, as well as an ancillary claim worth in excess of $5 million against its professional indemnity insure.
- Acting on behalf of an accounting firm in relation to fraud committed by a former employee against its clients as well as one of the major banks, in excess of $17 million.
- Acting on behalf of a national wine distribution company in relation to a long-running contractual dispute against two well-known wine producers.
- Regularly acting and appearing on behalf of various financiers in relation to the enforcement of caveats, which require urgent applications to the Practice Court.