Katerina is a Senior Associate in our Litigation & Dispute Resolution group. With over 10 years of experience, she has a proven ability to handle complex disputes across a broad range of industries.
Katerina has broad ranging experience within commercial litigation with a focus on the areas of reconstruction and insolvency, insolvency litigation and bankruptcy. Her large scale litigation experience extends to breach of contract, breach of confidence, property and Australian Consumer Law disputes.
Katerina provides tailored, commercial advice and solutions to her clients, which include multi-national companies, insolvency practitioners, government agencies, directors and creditors.
- Successfully acting on behalf of a private client against a financial brokerage firm and an AFS licence holder in relation to breaches of contract, common law, equitable duties and statutory duties, resulting in multi-million dollar losses and damage occasioned by reckless and unauthorised securities trading on the client’s account.
- Successfully acting on behalf of a liquidator in resisting an appeal from orders which had granted leave to the client to amend the name of the defendant after the expiration of time for commencement of proceedings, on the basis that there had been a mistake as to the name of the defendant.
- Acting on behalf of a global engineering company, in the High Court of Auckland, in relation to a long-running breach of contract dispute in excess of $13 million instituted by a global steel industry entity, as well as an ancillary claim worth in excess of $5 million against its professional indemnity insure.
- Acting on behalf of an accounting firm in relation to fraud committed by a former employee against its clients as well as one of the major banks, in excess of $17 million.
- Acting on behalf of a national wine distribution company in relation to a long-running contractual dispute against two well-known wine producers.
- Successfully acting on behalf of two private clients in relation to a $50 million property development concerning breaches by the trustee of a unit trust.
- Acting on behalf of liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy in realisation proceedings and applications for public examination.
- Regularly acting and appearing on behalf of various financiers in relation to the enforcement of caveats, which require urgent applications to the Practice Court.