James Donoghue is a Partner in our Corporate & Commercial practice group. He joined Rigby Cooke Lawyers in 2015 after working in Perth, Singapore and Jakarta.
James has over 30 years of experience in managing large corporate and project development transactions, from inception to completion, both within Australia and overseas.
His specialist expertise extends to mergers & acquisitions, project development transactions and international investment across a range of industries including mining, energy, finance, hotels and agriculture.
James’ clients appreciate his in-depth legal and industry knowledge, and his desire to understand their individual needs.
- Acting for a seller in its sale of interests in 21 hotels in Victoria and New South Wales.
- Acting for a private group in its purchase and immediate on-sale of health-related assets to a private equity backed company.
- Acting for a Chinese trading company on its proposed investment in an ASX-listed iron ore mining company in Western Australia.
- Acting for a private Singaporean company on its proposed takeover of an ASX-listed coal mining company (with several operating mines in QLD and NSW).
- Acting for a QLD government-owned enterprise on its 51:49 joint venture with Japanese energy companies to own, develop and operate a 450MW coal-fired power station in QLD.
- Acting for an Indonesian corporate borrower under a USD 350M syndicated loan facility (in conjunction with a USD 750M bond offering and an IPO).
- Acting for a UK steel making company on its acquisition of a steel making facility in Indonesia.
- Acting for an ASX-listed mining company on its proposed development of a lead and zinc mine in Indonesia.
- Acting for a Chinese state-owned enterprise on its proposed acquisition of a tin mining operation in Indonesia.
- Acting for a Chinese state-owned enterprise on its proposed acquisition of a bauxite mine in Indonesia.
- Acting for a Russian mining company on its proposed development of a bauxite mine in Indonesia.
- Acting for a US bank on Indonesian aspects of its global receivership of a manufacturing and retail group.
- Acting for a Japanese trading company on its proposed acquisition of operating mines in Indonesia.
- Acting for an international mining company on its joint venture development, financing and operation of a copper/gold mine in Argentina.