Emma Simpson is a Senior Associate in our Corporate & Commercial group with over six years of legal experience. Emma specialises in commercial advice, particularly transactional work, commercial contracts, privacy and data protection and intellectual property.
Emma has a special interest in privacy and data protection, and advises on matters relating to intellectual property, particularly trade marks and copyright.
She has completed a secondment to the Australian business of a multinational manufacturer and distributor, where she was responsible for reviewing, drafting and managing supply and service contracts, providing general legal advice and support to the company’s Australian operations and managing the implementation of key internal policies across the national business.
- Advising clients across a range of industries including health, e-commerce, retail and education in relation to their privacy obligations, developing practical privacy compliance solutions, preparing and advising in relation to policies and internal procedures, providing advice in the event of a breach and training staff at all levels of the business in relation to privacy.
- One year secondment to the Australian business of a multinational HVAC manufacturer and distributor, reviewing, drafting and managing supply and service contracts, providing general legal advice and support to the company’s Australian operations and managing the implementation of key internal policies across the national business.
- Documenting various commercial arrangements including shareholders’ agreements, sale and purchase of business agreements and contracts for the supply goods and services.
- Advising clients across a range of industries in relation to the Personal Properties Securities Act 2009, including drafting and negotiating security agreements and providing advice in relation to perfection and enforcement of security interests.
- Acting for an online healthcare company on a full range of commercial, contractual, intellectual property, privacy and e-commerce issues including advising on corporate structure and shareholder issues, privacy compliance and preparing online agreements.
- Management of a significant Australian and international trade mark portfolio including prosecuting trade mark applications and acting in trade mark opposition matters.