With over 10 years of experience, Daryl’s global practice is focussed on cross-border commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions across Australasia. He is also experienced in advising on natural gas and oil value chains, infrastructure development and power and renewable energy projects.
Daryl has unique experience working from within clients’ businesses, through secondments for Toyota Tsusho Corporation in Tokyo, Japan and at BP Australia in Melbourne, Australia.
Daryl’s understanding of commercial business pressures coupled with his astute commercial law knowledge provide his clients with thorough and considered results.
- Representing a US headquartered multinational company on the divestment of its Australian debt collection operations.
- Representing Microsoft in its proposed Series I funding in Flipkart, the Singapore holding company of India’s largest e-commerce retailer.
- Representing Nasdaq listed, e-Plus on its acquisition of OneCloud Consulting, a global IT software and consulting company with operations in the US, Asia and Europe.
- Representing Kacific Broadband Satellites on its fund raising from Australian investors for its proposed satellite launch project to provide low cost broadband supply in the Pacific and South East Asia.
- Representing Telstra Ventures on its series B funding in Compare88, which provides a finance and insurance online portal with operations in Indonesia and the Philippines.
- Representing Adknowledge, Inc., a North American advertising technology company on its Asian digital advertising platform joint venture with Axiata Group, an Asian telecommunications companies with controlling interests in mobile operators throughout Asia.
- Negotiating a convertible loan agreement for Golden Gate Ventures with an Indonesian based e-Procurement platform provider.
- Representing PPC, a UK based private equity company on its acquisition of a major provider of employee assistance program services in Australia.
- Representing Partners Group on its refinancing on a USD 115 million leverage buyout facility in connection with its acquisition of Mauritius based technology company, CSS Technology.
- Representing Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) on its acquisition of a global event organising and management business, headquartered in Singapore, which covers festivals, concerts and artist management.
- Representing a New Zealand company on its proposed majority investment into an IVF clinics operator in Malaysia.
- Representing Quadria Capital on their growth capital investment into PT Soho Global, a pharmaceutical distribution and manufacturing company.
- Representing Everstone Capital in its proposed acquisition of shares in Erno Laszlo Group Limited, a cosmetics company with global operations.
- Representing the founders of Boost Juice, a well-known international franchise in the sale of a majority stake in the company to a US based private equity firm.
- Acting for Spotlight Group, one of Australia’s largest retailers on its refinancing from a syndicate of banks.
- Representing Jakarta Aircraft Training Centre and PT Cardig Aero Services Tbk on its proposed joint venture with Malaysian based, Asian Aviation Centre of Excellence Sdn. Bhd in respect of the provision of A320 flight simulator training in Indonesia.
- Advising Toyota Tsusho on operational matters affecting its interest in upstream gas fields in Australia, including under joint operating agreements, tolling agreements, drilling agreements and gas sales agreements.
- Representing Toyota Tsusho on a number of significant investments and strategic tender bids in natural resource projects across Iraq, the Philippines, the Congo, Myanmar, Columbia and Kenya.
- Advising BP on a diverse range of issues affecting its refining and marketing business in Australasia, including refineries, terminals, pipelines, logistics, wholesale and retail.
- Representing AGL on the sale of its wind farm in South Australia to a company in Japan.
- Representing Hydro Tasmania, a state owned utility on its sell down and refinancing of Australian wind farms, located in northwest Tasmania.
- Representing Ellendale Resources, ASX listed mining company on its merger with another listed mining company, through the implementation of a scheme of arrangement.
- Negotiating long term offtake and contracts as well as short term Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) sale and purchase contracts, on behalf of Toyota Tsusho, PLN, Sojitz and Japan Nippon Oil.
- Representing Junefield, a Hong Kong listed company on investments in mining in South America.
- Representing Zeehan Zinc on its successful AIM listing.