Darren Marx is a Partner in our Property group with over 20 years of legal experience in property and hospitality.
Darren advises on all aspects of commercial property law including off-the-plan developments, sales and acquisitions, and commercial and retail leasing. He specialises in all liquor licensing and gaming requirements for licensed venues, including pubs, hotels, resorts and tourism venues.
Darren represents a number of sporting and hospitality clients in relation to their property needs, liquor and gaming licensing and corporate governance requirements.
Darren knows his clients and their business. Each client is different, and their desired outcomes vary. It is important to Darren to understand each client’s position, in order to deliver the best outcome with as little complication as possible.
- Sale of the Open Door Pub Co to Dixon Hospitality.
- Advising Dixon Hospitality on the acquisition of the Drink’n’Dine group.
- PDG/Schiavello Prima Pearl 660 apartment development in Southbank.
- Schiavello’s 680 apartment off-the-plan M-City development in Clayton.
- Australia Nan Xin Investments Galleria 275 apartment project in Glen Waverley.
- All property legal services to Insignia Financial Ltd (formerly IOOF Holdings Limited), including multimillion dollar sales and acquisitions and a multitude of leasing transactions.
- Representing various Oreana Property Group entities in its residential land developments.
- Representing Orchard Piper with its a bespoke off-the-plan sales across multiple projects, including Mathoura Avenue, Toorak, Davis Avenue, South Yarra and Washington Street, Toorak.
- Varcon Group’s Sunvale 56 townhouse development in Sunshine.
- ZFN Developments regional land development sales.
- Adams Group in its residential and industrial developments.
- Goldfields residential development work, including its North Star, Reservoir and Park Life, Doveton projects.
- Representing various Victorian licensed venues, including pubs, sporting clubs and restaurants with their licensing, property sales and leasing requirements.