Christos is a Senior Associate in our Litigation & Dispute Resolution group.
During his 13 years of legal practice, Christos’ wide-ranging commercial disputes experience includes director and shareholder disputes, breach of directors’ duties claims, leasing and property disputes, contract and negligence disputes, Australian Consumer Law claims, winding up of corporations, insolvent transactions and unfair preference claims, debt recovery actions, and professional negligence claims.
He has acted for corporates, company directors, trustees, high net worth individuals, insurers, liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy to whom he has provided commercial and practical advice.
Having first commenced practising law in South Australia, Christos has experience appearing as a solicitor and an advocate in the State and Federal Courts in Victoria, South Australia, and the Northern Territory.
- Advising clients on appropriate pre-litigation strategies to avoid or minimise the impact of litigation.
- Representing clients in court-ordered and private mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Acting for directors and shareholders in oppression matters.
- Assisting directors and shareholders to effect corporate restructures involving director exits and shareholder buyouts.
- Acting for liquidators to prosecute directors for breach of directors’ duties in the Supreme Court.
- Acting for liquidators of a large insolvent corporate group to obtain advice and directions from the Supreme Court and to implement that advice and directions to finalise a complex winding up.
- Successfully obtaining a judgment in favour of our client against a logistics company for breach of contract where our client’s interpretation of the contract was held correct.
- Acting for landlords and tenants in commercial leasing disputes.