Rigby Cooke Lawyers is a highly reputable medium-sized commercial law firm.
Our areas of specialisation are Corporate & Commercial, Commercial Litigation, Property, Planning, Construction, Tax & Wealth, Workplace Relations and Wills & Estates.
We have a collegiate and welcoming culture. We are a firm with high values and always proceed with integrity.
We are based in the Melbourne CBD.
About the role
Our firm is looking for a Legal Assistant (float position) to work across all of our practice groups.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Diary management, including scheduling of appointments, meetings and conferences for practice team members, clients, and third parties
- Telephone – filter incoming calls and deal with inquiries and requests
- Digital dictation
- Draft and finalise correspondence and legal documentation
- General word processing duties
- Monitoring the completion of time-sheets
- Billing – monthly billing, checking time sheet entries and monthly expenses
- Open, close and archive files, as necessary
- File management – complete filing
- Liaising with clients and being able to deal with inquiries and requests
- General administration duties, including, photocopying, mail, faxing, scanning and binding
- Travel arrangements
- Compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Perform any other tasks, as required
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Previous legal firm experience
- Multi practice experience preferred but not essential
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
- Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel & Outlook
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills, enabling a quick turn-around of tasks
- Ability to monitor, prioritise and manage workloads
- The ability to work as part of a team and provide assistance where necessary
- Exercise initiative and maintain confidentiality
- Being able to work autonomously
- Maintain a positive, friendly and energetic attitude